Negotiation team formed under the leadership of Home Minister to bring Biplop in the peace process


The government has formed a negotiating team led by Home Minister Ram Bahadur Thapa Badal to hold talks with the banned CPN (Maoist) led by Netra Bikram Chandra Biplap. Foreign Adviser to the Prime Minister Rajan Bhattarai is a member of the negotiating team.

Minister for Communications and Information Technology Parbat Gurung informed about this through a press conference on Tuesday. Minister Gurung has expressed the expectation that a negotiating team will be formed as soon as possible after the formation of a negotiating team on behalf of the government.

He said that he was going to hold talks with all the parties to the conflict in line with the vision of building a peace nation in Nepal and Prime Minister KP Oli had also announced in various public forums that he would hold talks with the opposition and bring them into the peace process.


Minister Gurung has said that the issue of lifting the ban on the party will be decided through talks. He said, "The negotiating team has been formed to discuss the issues facing them, the issues of handing over arms, the issues related to them."

If everything is done before the talks, then the justification of the talks ends. Therefore, we have mentioned in the press release that the problem will be resolved through talks. The negotiating team has been formed to solve all the problems through negotiations. '


Though there is talk of forming a dialogue team under the leadership of Khadga Bahadur Bishwakarma Prakanda, the spokesperson of the opposition party, it has not been made public yet. The government had declared the rebel group a criminal organization and announced a ban on March 11, 2008. Since then, the government has been arresting and prosecuting rebel leaders and activists.

The latter group had been holding informal discussions for talks between the government and the opposition.


At a program in Jhapa on Sunday, Prime Minister Oli said talks with the BJP would be held soon. Addressing the groundbreaking ceremony of the Nepal-China Friendship Industrial Park, Prime Minister Oli said that it was good news that talks were going on with the revolution.


"You have good news,  We will soon resolve the problem of the rebel group, which is considered to be a minor problem in terms of peace, through talks" he said.


Oli also said that all Nepalis would watch the revolution brought on by the government in the peace process on television. He said, "You will watch a grand program on television to solve problems at home."


On Falgun 8, the banned CPN (Maoist) General Secretary Biplob also issued a statement stating that they were ready to hold talks. Earlier, Biplab had issued a statement criticizing KP Sharma Oli and his government and said that he was ready for talks in 'soft language'. 


He said that his revolution was a conscious initiative taken for the nation, society, progressive transformation and the interest and rights of the people and was ready to hold talks in a situation where there would be a conducive environment for activities and programs among the people.


"Our revolution is a conscious initiative for the nation, society, progressive transformation and the interest and rights of the people, in the process, we would like to inform everyone that our party is positive for dialogue with the government" he said in a statement.



Post a Comment

Please! Do not enter/paste any spam link here.

Previous Post Next Post